Personal Data Protection Policy
RAY ALLIANCE Financial Advisers collects information from you so as to allow us or our Business Partners to provide you with the necessary insurance product, investment service or to create an employer – employee / adviser relationship.
This Policy applies to past and current clients and employees with whom RAY ALLIANCE Financial Advisers has had a business or employer – employee / adviser relationship.
What Information Do We Collect?
RAY ALLIANCE Financial Advisers collects data through the job application, account opening, proposal or other legitimate forms issued by our Business Partners or ourselves. The information collected could be but not limited to: your full name, NRIC, passport, address, mobile number etc.
How Do We Use The Information?
The information collected via the account opening, proposal or other legitimate forms are sent to our Business Partners to enable them to assess whether an insurance policy can be issued to you or an investment account can be opened under your name.
For our employees and advisers, information collected could be used to provide staff benefits, to carry out background checks and to provide feedback or surveys required by our Business Partners and the relevant government authorities.
How Do You Give Consent?
By completing the account opening or proposal form provided by our Business Partners, it shall be deemed that you have given your consent for us to transmit the completed forms to our Business Partners and also your agreement to the terms and conditions of this Policy.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
RAY ALLIANCE Financial Advisers will implement measures to protect your data by ensuring that only relevant parties and individuals are authorized to do so. Steps are also taken to limit access to information on our systems by having strict verification systems.
How Long Do We Retain Your Information?
All information collected will be retained for as long as we have a business relationship or to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. RAY ALLIANCE Financial Advisers does not sell, rent or market personal data to third parties.
How Do You Access And Correct Your Information And Make Complaints?
You have to ensure that the information provided through us to our Business Partners is accurate, complete and correct. Failure to do so might compromise the ability of our Business Partners to provide you with their relevant products and services.
You have the right to access your personal data by contacting us. A small fee may be charged for your request, depending on the extent of work needed.
Changes To Policy
RAY ALLIANCE Financial Advisers may, from time to time, amend this Policy to reflect changes in industry norms and business requirements.
How Can You Contact Us?
Please contact us at [email protected] or call (+65) 6323 5323 for more information.
UPDATED: 1 AUG 2016
Privacy and Security Policy
RAY ALLIANCE Financial Advisers collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our services. RAY ALLIANCE Financial Advisers in its operation of the portal has responsibilities in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, storage and transfer of personal data. We collect and process data that you provide for the purpose of providing you with insurance products’ information and services and for us to communicate with you. During the use of the portal’s tools and functions, you will be asked to provide certain information in order to complete your request or transaction. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name, age, gender, email address, mailing address, telephone number, etc. By accessing and using this portal, you are consenting our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
We follow strict security procedures when obtaining, processing and storing the personal information with which we have been entrusted. These includes physical, technological and organizational safeguards. We will take all reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data collected by us or on our behalf is accurate and complete. For additional information on how to secure your transactions and the privacy of personal information, please refer to our security policy.
Third parties whom we may be required to disclose your personal data to include your financial advisers, insurers, financial institutions, business partners and affiliated companies. The disclosure will take place as it is reasonably required for the purposes stated above and limited to what is necessary for us and these third parties to do the work in order to provide you with the insurance products information and services.
Your information will be kept for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was collected, and as required for business or legal purposes. Once your personal data is no longer required for these purposes, we will destroy, erase or make anonymous the data.
Cookies allow us, among other things, to store your preference and settings; enable you to sign-in; provide interest-based advertising; and analyse how our website and services are performing.
For safeguarding of password, you are advised to adopt the following:
- Do not reveal your password to anyone, including any employee of RAY ALLIANCE Financial Advisers Pte Ltd
- Select a unique password that is different from your personal information such as your telephone number, date of birth or other guessable personal information
- Your password should be at least 8 characters and include both alphabets as well as numbers
- Try not to use sequential numbers (e.g. 123456) or the same number more than twice (e.g. 121145) for your password
- Do not write your password down or store it in any computer storage device. It is best that you memorize your password
- Change your password regularly or when there is any suspicion that it has been compromised or impaired by using the ‘Change Password’ feature
- Do not enter your password into a computer you are not familiar with
- When asked by the browser if you want to store the user ID and password, always select ‘No’
Phishing is the act of sending an email to a user falsely claiming to be an established legitimate enterprise in an attempt to scam the user into surrendering private information that will be used for identity theft. Common techniques that are used by the phishing fraudsters include, but are not limited to the following:
- Using fake email addresses, logos, and graphics to mislead you into accepting the validity of the emails and websites
- Faking domain names to appear as representing us
- Duping users into providing personal details through one or more methods such as hyperlinks to fake websites or embedded forms in emails
Spyware consists of computer software that gathers and reports information about a computer user without the user’s knowledge or consent. These programs monitor user browsing patterns on the internet, harvest private information (email addresses, passwords and credit card numbers), and transmits this information in the background to someone else.
Spyware applications are typically bundled as a hidden component of freeware or shareware programs that can be downloaded from the internet. Sometimes advertised as a means to improve internet connection speed and gain other benefits. Some spyware, when installed, redirect and reroute the internet connections of users through the spyware servers.
You may have spyware in your computer if:
- You start getting annoying ads popping up on your screen
- Your web browser settings have been changed without your knowledge
- You have a new 3rd party toolbar in your web browser which you are finding it difficult to get rid of
- Your web browser crashes frequently when you are surfing
- Slowdown in the system performance of your computer where computer operations is taking longer than usual
You may want to take the following precautions:
- Do not download and install software from unknown websites
- Refrain from clicking on banners and pop-up ads that entice you with freebies
- Install and update anti-spyware regularly. Perform system scans on your computer to locate, quarantine and delete any spyware in your system
- Install a virus protection software and keep it updated with the latest anti-virus signatures
- Keep your computer operating system and web browser current. Perform regular system updates for your operating system.
- Change your investment account password regularly
Other suggested good practices
- Clear your cache and history after each login session
- Never leave your session unattended and log off your online session after use
- Check your last login details and notify us if you notice any suspicious login
- Install anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software in your computers and keep it updated
- If you are using wireless network devices, ensure that the transmission is secure
- Do not open email attachments from unknown sources
- When logging in, always ensure that it is a SSL encrypted connection. This is indicated as https:// in the URL or as a padlock in the status bar.
This Privacy and Security Policy is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. No third party shall have any right pursuant to the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act to enforce any of the above terms.